UndergraduatesWith a long tradition of welcoming students from Kings College and St George’s Medical School, MTW is an excellent choice for undergraduates.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Trust have the facilities, the staff and the experience to provide Undergraduates with a well-rounded insight into hospital life.
Year 4 Medical Students can benefit from a seven-eight week placement with us in either Emergency Medicine and Critical Care, Women’s Health or Children’s Health. Your experience will include:
- Full induction including infection control and patient systems training
- A varied Departmental teaching programme
- Working in different clinics and assuming ward duties
- Access to our library facilities
- Access to clinical skills and simulation facilities
Year 5 Medical Students will have a seven or eight week placement with us in either Acute Medicine or Acute Care (including Surgery and Medicine) or Long Term Conditions . In addition to all of the above, you will also benefit from:
- A tailored teaching programme
- A buddy system with Foundation Year 1 trainees
- Formal simulation training
As a testament to our excellent undergraduate programme, some students who complete these placements return to us to commence their Foundation Training.
"A very good placement, the facilities are excellent and the support I've had from the Medical Education Team has been amazing!!"
meet the tutor
Dr Rajesh Gupta
Consultant Paediatrician and RCPCH Tutor
“I’m delighted to be the nominated lead for Physician Associates as they bring great benefits to patient care in the acute hospital environment”