SAS DoctorsSpecialty and associate specialist doctors have a critical role in our Trust. Doctors studying under our SAS programme can expect a full training schedule and unlimited support.
With over 70 doctors working at both hospital sites, SAS doctors comprise an important and significant proportion of medical staff within the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells Hospital Trust. As a highly valued part of our workforce, a dedicated SAS Tutor provides structured support and training opportunities.
The SAS Tutor works hard to ensure that funding is utilised to provide an excellent SAS doctors development programme. This has included running extremely popular courses to aid personal development focussing on areas such as Appraisal for Revalidation, Professionalism in Medicine and Managing Risk.
Forthcoming courses are listed below:
- SAS Doctors as Clinical Leaders - Tuesday 1st September 2020
- Implementation of the SAS Charter - Thursday 24th September 2020
- Resilience Champions - Tuesday 6th October 2020
- Taking Clinical Responsibility and Autonomy - Thursday 8th October 2020
- Being and Effective Member of an Interview Panel - Wednesday 4th November 2020
- Understanding the Changing Face of the NHS - Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Self-Care and Wellbeing - Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Effectively Supervising Junior Clinicians - Thursday 10th December 2020
(Please note a fee of £25.00 per course will apply)
We are lucky to have some very driven doctors within our Trust who have achieved CESR, MSc and Article 14. A number of our SAS Doctors have also undertaken Clinical and Educational Supervisor Programmes and act as Supervisors for our Trainees.
If you would like any further information regarding SAS Doctors, courses, and the facilities available, please contact Alex Davis 01622 224748 / firstname.lastname@example.org
"The training for SAS doctors helped me successfully apply for my CESR"Rasana
meet the tutor
Miss Rasana Bajracharya
“My aim as a Tutor is to support & improve the profile of SAS doctors & assist them with their training & achieving CESR”