Simulation training sessions
MTW has a superb variety of low and high fidelity simulation training facilities. Our Trust lead for Simulation, Dr James Barron, is supported by a dedicated team who work with clinical staff to continually develop, improve and deliver a quality learning experience through simulation training programmes.
One of the major features of simulation training is to enhance team working and communication. The embedded human factors within simulation learning are explored during debriefing sessions, providing opportunity to reflect and discuss outcomes, all within a confidential and psychologically safe environment.
We are constantly monitoring and take value from learners’ feedback, most find the experience highly valuable and enjoy it - once the nerves have worn off!
Our aim is to increase patient safety by providing simulation training of the highest standard, we work with you to create a safe and confident workforce. We look forward to welcoming you to our multidisciplinary training sessions, with doctors of various grades and specialties, Nurses, Midwives, Theatre Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals.
Simulation is run across both sites using the following manikins:
- 3G Sim Man adult manikin - including ASL lung for ventilation training
- Nursing Anne manikin
- Paediatric manikin
- Neonatal and premature neonatal manikins
- Obstetric Sim Mom manikin
Clinical skills rooms are available at both sites and are equipped with a wide variety of training equipment:
- Low, medium and high fidelity task trainers are available for CPD and specific learning objectives
- A variety of clinical examination trainers – pelvic, rectal, breast, eyes, ears
- Various part task trainers e.g. CVP, Chest drain, catheterisation
- Laparoscopic trainers (TWH) and laparoscopic suite (Maidstone)
Click on each tab below for a list of skills equipment available on each site.
- Airway trainers (adult and infant)
- Arterial blood gas trainer
- Breast examination models
- Catheterisation male and female models
- Chest drain insertion trainer
- Chest model for auscultation of heart and lung sounds
- Ear and eye examination models
- Epidural/Lumbar Puncture trainer
- Knot tying trainers – 10
- IV arms - 6
- NG trainer (hungry manikin)
- Joints for injection – ankle/foot, hand/wrist, shoulder and knee
- Paracentesis trainer
- Pelvic examination models
- Pelvic examination trainer
- Rectal examination models
- Suturing pads and sutures – 30
- Ultrasound IV trainers
- Venepuncture/cannulation arms
- Venepuncture training aids
- Wearable injection trainers
Some equipment (for courses) can be transferred from Tunbridge Wells by arrangement.
Ask in the Education Centres or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to borrow any of the equipment.
James Barron & Andrea Cox provide an overview of Simulation and Clinical Skills
Please see simulation dates attached.
Our faculty James Barron (Lead), Andrea Cox and Debbie Cay (facilitators) welcome you to our team. Please join us and be part of our ongoing successful delivery of MTW’s simulation training. Email a member of the team if you are interested in becoming part of the faculty.
Medical Education Administrator