Simulation training sessions
MTW has a superb variety of low and high fidelity simulation training facilities. Our Trust lead for Simulation, Dr James Barron, is supported by a dedicated team who work with clinical staff to continually develop, improve and deliver a quality learning experience through simulation training programmes.
One of the major features of simulation training is to enhance team working and communication. The embedded human factors within simulation learning are explored during debriefing sessions, providing opportunity to reflect and discuss outcomes, all within a confidential and psychologically safe environment.
We are constantly monitoring and take value from learners’ feedback, most find the experience highly valuable and enjoy it - once the nerves have worn off! Our aim is to increase patient safety and our ethos is by providing simulation training of the highest standard, we work with you to create a safe and confident workforce. We look forward to welcoming you to our multidisciplinary training sessions, with Doctors of various grades and specialities, Nurses, Midwives, Theatre Practitioners’ and Allied Health Professionals.
Simulation is run across both sites using the following manikins:
- 3G Sim Man adult manikin - including ASL lung for ventilation training
- Nursing Anne manikin
- Paediatric manikin
- Neonatal and premature neonatal manikins
- Obstetric Sim Mom manikin
Clinical skills rooms are available at both sites and are equipped with a wide variety of training equipment:
- Low, medium and high fidelity task trainers are available in our skills rooms for CPD and specific learning objectives
- A variety of clinical examination trainers – pelvic, rectal, breast, eyes, ears
- Various part task trainers e.g. CVP, Chest drain, catheterisation
- Laparoscopic trainers (TWH) and laparoscopic suite (Maidstone)
Click on each tab below for a list of skills equipment available on each site.
- Arterial blood gas trainer
- Venepuncture/cannulation arms
- Suturing pads and sutures – 30
- Venepuncture training aids
- Catheterisation male and female models
- Knot tying trainers – 10
- Chest model for auscultation of heart and lung sounds
- Pelvic examination trainer
- NG trainer (hungry manikin)
- Chest drain insertion trainer
- Joints for injection – ankle/foot, hand/wrist, shoulder, knee
- Ear and eye examination models
- Breast examination Models
- Pelvic examination models
- Rectal examination models
Some equipment (for courses) can be transferred from Tunbridge Wells by arrangement.
James Barron & Andrea Cox provide an overview of Simulation and Clinical Skills
Please see simulation course dates attached.
James Barron, (Lead) Andrea Cox and Debbie Cay (Facilitators) welcome you as faculty within our team. Please join us and be part of our ongoing successful delivery of MTW’s simulation training. Email a member of the team if you are interested in becoming part of the faculty.
Medical Education Administrator