Specialty Ophthalmology training is based primarily at Maidstone Hospital with occasional attendance also required at the Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Surgical inpatient services are offered at Maidstone and day-case services at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells.
- Both ST1 & ST2 years will involve a combination of out-patient and theatre-based experience with specific competencies in cataract surgery, minor eyelid surgery and laser treatments being gained
- ‘9 to 5’ timetable Monday to Friday (with exception of operating session days with 8am start)
- Weekly departmental teaching
- Quarterly Regional study days as well as courses and conferences
- 14 Ophthalmology Consultants, a number of whom are actively engaged in research
- Links to the University of Kent at Canterbury