Rheumatology Programme Overview
Higher Specialty Rheumatology training which is provided at Maidstone Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury, provides excellent experience in Acute and General Internal Medicine and the whole array of general Rheumatology – from the use of Ultrasound to managing the whole extent of inflammatory arthritides and connective tissue diseases.
- Ward based clinical teaching, exposure to outpatients and theatre, private study, reflective practice, audit projects, research support, regular formal teaching and ‘hot cases’ sessions
- Opportunities to attend osteoporosis, connective disease, injection and spondyloarthropathy clinics
- Proficiency in musculoskeletal ultra-sound
- Weekly Consultant-led ward rounds
- MAU experience to improve procedural competencies