Obstetrics & Gynaecology Overview
Specialty Obstetrics & Gynaecology training is available at both Maidstone Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells at Pembury. There are 17 full time Consultant Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, each with special interests. Our Department provides a full range of Obstetric and Gynaecology services, including Antenatal Clinics, Gynaecology Out-Patients, Elective and Emergency Gynaecology care. See what the College Tutor and a Trainee has to say about O&G training at the Trust in this video below O&G Training at MTW.
- Two tier SpR rota with very good reputation for surgical education, especially in minimal access surgery and pelvic floor surgery
- Specialist clinics include: High Risk Antenatal, Fetal Medicine, Out Patient Hysteroscopy, Colposcopy, Urodynamics & Specialist Urogynaecology, Fertility and Colposcopy
- The Neonatal Unit provides a level 2 service, accepting babies from 27 weeks gestation
- The Obstetric and Gynaecological ultrasound service integrates with the Outpatient Department
- ATSMs offered; Benign Abdominal Surgery, Gynae-oncology, Vulval Disease, Colposcopy, Medical Education, Labour Ward, Advanced Antenatal Practice, Urogynaecology and Liquid based Cystology training.
- There is an established training programme which all Trainees are encouraged to contribute to. The timetables includes; Ultrasond, Simulation, Multidisciplinary, CS & CTG Review Meeting, Gynaecology-oncology MDM Meeting, three formal teaching sessions per week and Monthly multi-disciplinary skills and drills.