Medicine Core Training
Core training is available at both Maidstone Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Both sites provide excellent general & specialty experience enabling the Trainee to achieve core competencies, complete the MRCP and develop a specialty interest including exposure to Acute & Emergency Medicine with full support.
- Our training programme involves doing six 4-monthly rotations over a two year period in the key major specialities which can include, Cardiology, Acute Medicine, Gastroenterology, Respiratory Medicine, Stroke Medicine, Acute Elderly Care and Diabetes & Endocrinology. Training at Tunbridge Wells can also include a rotation based in the ITU or MAU
- Our ST2 trainees have been historically highly successful in achieving ST3 application first choices
- We aim that all trainees should get plenty of exposure to acutely ill patients in a well-supported setting, and also have the opportunity to obtain more in-depth experience of a specialty of interest to them
- We also offer specialist training in oncology & haematology as a regional centre in the South-East
- A very active training programme for all Trainees with protected teaching time, including grand rounds, radiology meetings, postgraduate lectures, weekly hot case discussions and MRCP teaching programme