Clinical Radiology Overview
Specialty training in Clinical Radiology is available at Maidstone Hospital. The Radiology Department is led by a team of 9 Consultant Radiologists and is well equipped with a 3T MRI, 64-slice CT, state-of-the-art Ultrasound machines and Flouroscopy equipment.
- Shared use between Radiology and Radiotherapy Planning of a 128 slice CT scanner which recently opened in the Oncology Centre
- The Kent Oncology Centre is based at Maidstone Hospital, so there is a strong emphasis on oncological imaging
- A large breast unit, which provides both screening and symptomatic services
- A Nuclear Medicine Department which is equipped with a new gamma camera and a mobile scanner provides PET/CT services
- Core Specialty training, which is delivered in the first three years, consists of four month rotations through the sub-specialities. Two of these are at Maidstone Hospital and currently we provide 2 four month attachments in Nuclear Medicine and Chest/Oncological imaging as part of the HEKSS Radiology training scheme
To return to Health Education Kent, Surrey & Sussex Secondary Care, click here