Anaesthetics Programme Overview
Core and Specialty Anaesthetic training is based at both Maidstone Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury, thus cross site cover will be expected. Our training provides excellent experience in a wide variety of specialties, including Trauma & Orthopaedics, General Surgery, ENT, Obstetrics & gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Acute and Chronic pain.
- With the announcement of the new curriculum in August 2010, a curriculum mapping process was undertaken to ensure that our trainees gain the most from their placement with us
- Daily CEPOD & Trauma lists
- Opportunities to use ultrasound guided regional blocks where appropriate and have an attachment in the ITU
- There will be an opportunity to have an attachment in ITU
- Weekly Departmental protected teaching with tutorials mainly mapped to the FRCA syllabus and are a mix of Anaesthetics & ICM topics
- Weekly Journal club and monthly joint Clinical Governance meetings
- Busy Obstetrics Unit with over 6000 deliveries per year.
Get in touch
Anaesthetic Educational Supervisors at MTW
"There are many opportunities for Trainees within the Trust"Vik - Speciality Trainee
Anaesthetic Trainees currently at MTW
About MTW Medical Education