Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus
The Endocrinology & Diabetes Higher Specialty Trainee will be involved in the acute General Internal Medicine rota at either Maidstone or The Tunbridge Wells Hospital. The previous Diabetes Centre at Pembury Hospital moved to its new modern facility in August 2010 at the Kent & Sussex Weald Diabetes Centre in Tunbridge Wells.
There has also been significant expansion at Maidstone with a new Urgent Medical Admissions Unit and centralisation of a range of cancer specialties and expansion of radiotherapy facilities.
The Paula Carr Diabetes centre at Maidstone is purpose built and provides all the modern facilities.
- One-Stop New Patient Diabetic Clinics
- Combined Antenatal Diabetes/Endocrine Clinics
- Diabetic Young Adult / Transition Clinics
- Multi-disciplinary Insulin Pump Clinics
- Complex Diabetes Clinics Diabetic Foot Clinics
- Joint Diabetic Renal Clinics
- Weekly Diabetic Children’s Clinic
- Weekly Lipid, Metabolic and Endocrine clinics.
- Thyroid and Radioiodine
- Clinics for benign thyroid disease
- Thyroid Eye Disease clinics
- Diabetes research clinics
- Exposure to commissioning meetings and also community clinics at Sevenoaks hospital are encouraged