Acute Internal Medicine Overview
Higher Speciality training in Acute Internal Medicine is provided at Maidstone Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. At Maidstone, the rotation includes Respiratory Medicine and Diabetes & Endocrinology with one day a week spent on MAU. At Tunbridge Wells, the rotation includes Respiratory and Cardiology.
- Clinics; Acute medical follow-up, MAU, Diabetes, Endocrine and Respiratory
- Acute medical take & MAU
- Inpatient care acute medicine patients
- Inpatient acute med referrals
- Experience in bronchoscopy, chest drain, lumbar puncture, pleurodesis, emergency ultrasound, thrombolysis, non-invasive ventilation, trans thoracic echocardiography and RACPC
- Regular teaching sessions
- Link to ITU for training in airway management etc.
To return to Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex Secondary Care click here
Get in touch
Acute Internal Medicine Consultants at MTW
"There are many opportunities for Trainees within the Trust"Vik, Specialty Trainee
Acute Internal Medicine Trainees currently at MTW
About MTW Medical Education